Website Conditions Of Use
Welcome to Sewgroup.com Sewgroup.com provides its services to you subject to the following conditions. If you visit or order through Sewgroup.com, you accept the following conditions. In addition, when you use any current or future Sewgroup.com service you also will be subject to the guidelines and conditions applicable to such service or business. Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to change any pricing, product or offer without notice. Sewgroup.com is a part of Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd. All content included on this site is the property of Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd and is protected by Australian and International copyright laws. Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any purpose without express written consent of Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd. Links to other Internet Sites if available are provided for your convenience only and the presence of such links does not mean that Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd endorses, recommends or represents them in any way. Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd does not control and is not responsible for any such sites or their content. Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability or validity of any content of such sites. All users of the website are bound by the following terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
All products sold are to be used at your own risk. Under no circumstances is Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd liable for the following: (1) third party claims against you for damages, (2) economic consequential damages (including lost profits, lost data, or lost savings), or incidental damages (3) any consequential damages. Consequential damages is defined as any damage which is a consequence of using this product or our website (data loss; hardware loss; or economic losses like profit loss, customer loss, or time loss).
Customers can place orders through our website (preferred), phone, fax or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Acceptance of orders
Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse or cancel an order at any time, for any reason. In addition, an automated electronic order confirmation does not indicate acceptance of an order. By placing an order, the customer agrees that the sale is made in NSW.
Direct deposit, Mastercard, Visa and Cheque.
Conditions of Sale and Return Policy
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, signed on behalf of Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd (the vendor), all goods ordered by a customer from the vendor shall be supplied on the following terms and conditions:
- These conditions shall prevail over all conditions of the purchaser's order to the extent of any inconsistency.
- Unless otherwise stated all prices quoted by the vendor are nett, exclusive of sales tax or any other tax replacing same.
- Payment shall be made in cash before delivery of the goods, or within 30 days from the date on the monthly statement if the customer has a current credit account.
- Interest shall be paid on all amounts unpaid for 90 days after the date of a monthly statement. Such interest shall be at the rate of 2% per month or part thereof or at such other rate as shall be charged by the vendor from time to time and shall be calculated from the expiration of 60 days from the date of the monthly statement on which the invoice was first shown.
- The customer agrees to pay a small order handling fee (of a reasonable amount charged by the vendor from time to time) on all invoices under a dollar value determined from time to time by the vendor.
- No account shall be deemed to be paid unless paid by cash, credit card or bank cheque or until the customer's cheque has been paid by the customer's bank.
- Any monies paid by the customer shall be firstly applied to payment of all interest owing (if any) and secondly in reduction of amounts charged for goods. Where monies are received in reduction of amounts charged for goods they shall be applied to indebtedness for goods which have been outstanding for the longest period so that the balance owing at any time shall relate to goods most recently sold and invoiced and the date of any invoice shall be the sole indication of the date of any stage for the purchase of applying monies paid in reduction of outstanding amounts.
- The customer will be responsible for payment for all goods supplied at its order or at the order of any person in its employ of any agent acting on its behalf.
- In the event that goods are ordered by and supplied to any corporation, firm or person carrying on business at the same premises as the customer or elsewhere as a successor to the customer or in the event of the customer being employed by or acting or purporting to act on behalf of any corporation, firm or person to which goods are supplied or in the event of the customer retiring from any partnership or where the customer carries on business under a business name or transfers the business to any other person who then carries on business under the same name, in all such events the customer agrees to be responsible for payment for all such goods as though the customer was still carrying on business in the same manner as prior to any such change and the customer indemnifies the vendor against all losses suffered by it through the failure of the corporation, firm or person to whom the goods have been supplied to pay for such goods. If the customer shall have notified the vendor in writing of the change or changes then the customer shall not be responsible for payment for any such goods ordered after the date when such written notification is received by the vendor.
- The customer waives any claim for shortage of any goods delivered if a claim in respect thereof has not been lodged with the vendor within 7 days from the date of receipt of goods by the customer.
- Without prejudice to the rights of the vendor the vendor shall be under no obligation to accept return of any goods from the customer unless they are returned within 7 days of their receipt by the customer and the material damage or fault with the goods is brought to the attention of the vendor or its agent within that period.
- Property in any goods supplied to the customer shall not pass until the price thereof has been paid in full, provided that risk in the goods shall pass to the customer upon delivery. Until payment is made the customer shall hold the goods as bailee for the vendor and shall if required store them separately from any other goods if payment is not made pursuant to the terms hereof, or if any monies are overdue, or if the customer is a company and an application is made for its winding up, then the vendor may (without prejudice to any of its other rights ) recover and resell the goods (not withstanding any reasonable incidental consequential loss or damage to the customer in respect of goods which have become constituents of other goods) at its discretion and may enter the customer's premises for that purpose without in any way being liable to the customer. In the event that the goods are resold by the customer before the customer has been paid all monies due to the vendor, the proceeds of such resale to the extent of the amount due to the vendor shall be held on trust for the vendor, and the customer shall pay the vendor the full amount outstanding to it (or the whole of such proceeds if they are less than the full amount outstanding from the proceeds of such resale.
- The vendor's liability for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by Division 2 of Part V of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (other than s.69) is hereby limited to:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- The vendor's liability under 2.74H of the Trade Practices Act 1974 is expressly limited to a liability to pay to the customer an amount equal to:
- the cost of replacing the goods;
- the cost of obtaining equivalent goods; or
- the cost of having the goods repaired, whichever is the lowest amount.
- Subject to Clause 13 and 14 hereof nothing in these conditions shall be read or applied so as to exclude, restrict or modify or have the effect of warranty, guarantee, right or remedy implied by law (including the Trade Practices Act 1974) and which by law cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
Goods Returned For Credit
- 1. Goods may be returned for a credit to your account provided that:
- Prior authorisation is to be obtained from Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd sales staff. A Return Authorisation Number will be issued at the discretion of Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd.
- All returned goods must be accompanied by a copy of the original invoice.
- Goods returned due to incorrect invoicing or picking will be issued a full credit provided they are in saleable condition, unopened and in original packing with all components, and as such must not have additional prices, stickers or tags attached or be marked, coded, dated, damaged, soiled or adulterated in any way.
- Goods returned because they are faulty will be issued a full credit.
- No credit will be issued on products provided free of charge as a promotional incentive or on products which are damaged or deteriorated due to conditions beyond manufacturer control, such as improper storage or handling (heat, stored under improper conditions or exposed to fire, smoke or water).
- Specifically ordered non-stock items will not be accepted back for credit.
- Goods that have been ordered incorrectly by the customer will be charged a re-stocking fee of 15% of purchase price and as such will receive only a PARTIAL credit and are subject to clauses 1a, 1b and 1c above.
- Goods that have been returned beyond the time period of 7 days from receipt of goods will be charged a re-stocking fee of 15% of the purchase price and as such will receive only a PARTIAL credit and are subject to clauses 1a, 1b, 1c, 2 and 3 above.
- Freight charges and fuel levies incurred in returning the goods to the place of purchase will not be credited except where the goods were mis-shipped by Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd.
- Freight charges and fuel levies charged on the original invoice will not be credited on returned goods except where the goods were mis-shipped by Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd.
- The Return Authorisation Number must be visible on the outside of the carton.
- All credits will be posted to an account. No cash returns will be paid.
A flat fuel levy will be charged on all invoices. This fee will be added at the bottom of all invoices, including those that are freight free.
Error & Omissions
All images and specifications on our website are indicative only, actual products may vary from what is shown on our website. We accept no liability for typographical errors, misprints, omissions, or changes in specification. From time to time the manufacturer' s specifications will change without notice. If unsure about an aspect of a product please contact our sales team prior to purchase.
We reserve the right to not honour typographical errors.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd OR SEWGROUP ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Hobbysew Australia Pty Ltd WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. CERTAIN LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.